Make 100% natural mascara for your lashes

Make 100% natural mascara for your lashes




Natural Mascara Recipe




Homemade Natural Mascara Recipe Natural Mascara Recipe







I posted a picture of my lashes on Instagram last week and mentioned I had finally gotten my homemade mascara just how I wanted it. A lot of you asked for the recipe, so I’m sharing it now.

Natural Mascara?

How to make natural mascara that actually works 300x300 Natural Mascara Recipe
In the past, I’ve used Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara which has a top safety rating from the Environmental Working Group. That is still my go-to organic mascara but I’m always looking for a DIY option as well.
I must admit- this was one of my most frustrating homemade recipes to figure out. I tried a lot of different combinations before I finally found this one that I liked.
Unlike most of my beauty recipes (like toothpasteand lotion bars), homemade mascara uses some unusual ingredients and will cost more up front. I absolutely love the texture  and fullness of this recipe, so I still make it often, but if you don’t already have these ingredients on hand, buying an organic pre-made mascara might be a better option.

Natural Mascara Ingredients

I tried dozens of ingredients before I found the ones that worked in this recipe.
Here’s what I use:
  • Black mineral powder (a mixture of soil based minerals-use the code “wellnessmama” for 50% off – I also drink this daily) NOTE: Can use activated charcoal or black clay as well, but I prefer the texture with the mineral powder. One jar of mineral powder has enough to make 15+ batches of mascara.
  • Bentonite Clay – Helps the mascara dry and harden and not smudge. Any cosmetic clay should work.
  • Vegetable Glycerin– Makes the mascara smooth and helps it adhere to lashes.
  • Aloe Vera– For texture and smoothness
  • Lavender Essential Oil – For scent and to help lashes grow
I also found these supplies were very helpful:
  • A clean mascara container. I got this one and have just reused it as needed. I tried to clean out an old mascara container and it is a tremendous hassle. Using a small jar or lip gloss container with a mascara brush will also work.
  • A medicine dropper (like for giving medicine to children) or similar tool for getting it into the mascara containers
  • A small spatula.

DIY Natural Mascara Ingredients:

  • 1/4 tsp black mineral powder (use code wellnessmama for 50% off)
  • 1/4 tsp bentonite clay
  • 1/8 tsp (about 4 drops) vegetable glycerine
  • 1/4 tsp (plus more if needed) aloe vera gel
  • 5 drops lavender essential oil

What to Do:

  1. Mix all ingredients in a very small bowl until completely smooth.
  2. Add more aloe vera gel if needed to get a smooth consistency.
  3. Carefully scoop into the medicine dropper with a spatula and slowly squirt into the mascara container (or jar)
  4. Alternately, you can add the ingredients directly to the mascara tube and mix with the mascara brush, though it takes a while of mixing to get the ingredients smooth inside the tube.
  5. Use as you would regular mascara.
  6. To remove: Use a washcloth with warm water or use olive oil as a natural eye makeup remover.
BONUS TIP: dust lashes with arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch first to thicken and lengthen even more. This works with a lash curler but I’ve found it is better to curl first so they don’t clump.
Ever made homemade makeup or beauty products? How did they turn out?

Share :

Facebook Twitter Google+
0 Komentar untuk "Make 100% natural mascara for your lashes"

Back To Top